We aim to promote high standards of ethics and professionalism in Investigative Interviewing.
To promote and maintain ethical standards in forensic interviewing:
- Set high professional standards for Forensic Interviewing and its practitioners, and maintain a system of accreditation.
- Engage with the relevant stakeholders and promote the minimum standards and accreditation system.
- Seek to increase its membership generally, both within the British Isles and internationally.
- Maintain appropriate panels of assessors.
- Liaise with forensic interviewing societies, regulatory bodies and professional
- organisations in Europe and throughout the world.
To provide opportunities for education, training & development for forensic interview practitioners:
- Provide a scheme of continuing professional development for members, in partnership with other bodies.
- Encourage, and advise, on career and professional development.
- Provide the assessment and accreditation of qualifications and training courses.
- Create and maintain training links with universities and other key stakeholders.
- Hold professional conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Provide networking opportunities.
To support and encourage research and development in the subject of forensic interviewers:
- Have links to research bodies nationally and internationally.
- Have close liaison with Universities.
- Consider and promulgate information as to required research.